Established in 2017, Centre Stage Dancewear is Truro’s premiere dance wear boutique. We’re a business made up of dance professionals with first-hand knowledge of our products. We strive to provide our dance community with high quality dance wear that will help them shine with every step.
Centre Stage Dancewear is currently accepting applications for the Part-Time/Casual position of RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE.
The Retail Sales Associate will work to maintain the reputation and high standard of customer service expected from Centre Stage Dancewear within the community. This position is physically demanding with prolonged periods of standing, getting down on the floor for shoe fittings and some heavy lifting.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn dance shoe manufacturers’ options & specifications and the art of fitting shoes
- Assist customers in the purchase of shoes and other dance wear; complete sales transactions using POS system
- Provide information, answer questions, provide assistance to customers, in person or by phone
- Update and maintain database of information on client/customer needs such as dance uniform requirements for specific schools/studios;
- Assist in displaying merchandise by stocking shelves, counters, racks and tables;
- Maintain a safe and clean store environment by assisting with the daily cleaning and maintenance.
- Formal dance training in classical ballet
- Professional, friendly, neat and organized with good time management skills
- Two (2) years customer related field experience; local knowledge of the dance market would be an asset
- Intermediate knowledge of Word and POS system experience
- Capable of multi-tasking, strong problem solving abilities, superior communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and as a team member
- Enjoy being around young people
- Must be willing to provide an RCMP Criminal Record Check
Terms of Employment:
10am - 5pm Saturdays starting March 2, 2019
Occasional shifts Tues-Fri 10am - 6pm as required
Wage - starting at $11.05/hour depending on qualifications and experience
Qualified applicants should email applications, including cover letter and resume (with a minimum of three references) to email@example.com and include “Retail Sales Associate Position 2019” in the subject line by February 23rd 2019
*Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the post is filled.
CSD thanks all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.